Flower Valley Conservation Trust (FVCT) is a registered Public Benefit Organisation, based on Flower Valley Farm, outside Gansbaai in the Overstrand. The Trust runs an Early Childhood Development (ECD) Programme in the Overstrand Municipal District, as well as a Fynbos Conservation Programme across the Cape Floral Kingdom.
The Trust is now advertising for a part-time position:
Field Worker (Home-based ECD programme in Baardskeerdersbos)
Looking for an energetic individual to support Flower Valley’s Home-based ECD programme in the Baardskeerdersbos area.
- Conduct age-appropriate stimulation home visits for children from 0-5 years old.
- Offer support to pregnant mothers and engage with parents.
- Visits to be conducted on a home-to-home basis in a small farming community around 20 km outside Gansbaai.
- Further responsibilities dependent on experience.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge/interest in early childhood development is essential.
- Must have own car and valid driver’s license.
- Understanding of working within communities is beneficial.
- Understanding of substance abuse/handling referrals is beneficial.
- Interest in community development/empowerment.
- Available for a minimum of 20 hours a week.
A market-related salary will be negotiated, dependent on qualifications and experience.
Deadline: 18 December 2019
Starting date: 1 February 2020
For more information, contact Rita Graham during office hours: 028 388 0713.