Flower Valley Conservation Trust (FVCT) is a registered Public Benefit Organisation, based on Flower Valley Farm, outside Gansbaai in the Overstrand. The Trust runs an Early Childhood Development (ECD) Programme in the Overstrand Municipal District, as well as a Fynbos Conservation Programme across the Cape Floral Kingdom.
The Trust is now advertising for the following full-time position:
Outdoor Assistant (live-in position)
To take responsibility for the overall garden establishment and general maintenance. Work in a team to create a pleasant and productive ‘food and discovery’ garden environment that is safe and secure for both children and visitors.
- Establishing and maintaining outdoor gardens.
- Maintenance of outdoor equipment and infrastructure.
- Care and maintenance of farm animals, including baboon management.
- Preparation of outdoor classes.
- Food garden harvesting processing and storage.
- Follow the instruction of line managers and Assistant Farm Manager as they arise.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Someone who is willing to live on the farm in a simple worker’s cottage.
- Ability to operate light machinery and undertake manual labour.
- To have a love of nature and the outdoors.
- Permaculture and gardening experience will be beneficial.
- To be practical with good organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of plants and the environment.
A market-related salary will be negotiated, dependent on qualifications and experience.
Deadline: 29 November 2019
For more information, contact Rita Graham during office hours: 028 388 0713. Please send your CV and a cover letter to Rita Graham: firstname.lastname@example.org.