Flower Valley’s Sustainable Harvesting Programme is in need of 4 field monitors. They will assist in using a new monitoring method as well as capturing data in the fynbos veld. These positions are short term (for a 5-month period) and asks to be based in the Gansbaai/Stanford area.
The responsibilities of the positions include:
- Assisting veld harvesters to use a new monitoring method and checking that they are following the sustainable harvesting principles.
- Recording field assessment data correctly.
- Completing independent fynbos assessments and capturing this information on a computer.
Minimum qualifications & experience:
- Basic computer skills (Word and Google)
- Matric/Grade 12
- Valid driver’s license (Code 8/10)
- Self Motivated
- Good physical health
- Love for nature and working in the outdoors
- Good people relations
Desired qualifications & experience:
- Previous work/training with a conservation agency (for example: SANParks, CapeNature, Grootbos-Greenfuture College)
- Off-roading 4×4 experience
- Speaking a second language (Afrikaans/IsiXhosa)
- Knowledge of fynbos/harvesting
A market-related salary will be negotiated, dependent on qualifications and experience, for the position.
Deadline: 16 June 2017
Please send your CV, a cover letter, and two contactable references to email@example.com or fax 028 425 2855.
For more information, contact 028 425 2218 during office hours.